It’s been three weeks since I dusted this place off, and let me tell you, that’s been on my mind.
Just yesterday I was thinking about shutting it down completely. These days, my life is actually IRL. Amazing, huh?! And as much as I love reading blogs and updating Twitter, I just haven’t had the time for either. And there was a pretty big part of me that was OK with that.
Until today, when I randomly decided to log in to the gReader for a mini-break at work, and read about a blogger meet-up in Boston, courtesy of the lovely LiLu.
It just so happens I’ll be in town, so with trepidation I added my name to the list. Before I knew it I was thrust into the Boston blogger world — finding tons of new blogs and getting excited about meeting people I’ve been reading for months.
But then I realized that cool people can’t be daunting (it’s a scientifically proven fact), and besides, there’s so much to talk about with all these strangers from the Internetz:
Yoga with Hannah, Just Breathe!
Communications day jobs with Susan!
Mad Men with Julie Q! (Heck, maybe she can remind me how last season even ended?!)
Wisdom teeth with Emrlds (I toooootally should get them taken out)
Who Would Jesus Do? with Jill
Hearing about Ben Affleck from Julie …because her bf, like, MET him and I’m officially in awe.
Being uncoordinated with Hope.
All of that being said, I realized my blog is sorely lacking in personal content. So, for anyone who’s about to meet me (and the even more illusive DD) IRL, or anyone who might someday, here are a few things you should know:
- I’m socially awkward. Not in a creepy way, but in a “holy shit I have to talk to people?!” way. So if I’m all awkward turtle at first, don’t worry, I’ll get over it.
- DD is NOT socially awkward. The man could talk to a wall and it would most likely talk back. He’s an excellent wingman.
- DD is obsessed with baseball and baseball parks. We’re seeing the Tigers v. Red Sox while in town, which means he’s seeing Fenway for the first time. Expect a lively baseball debate with whomever will listen. And most likely a weeping homage to the greatness that is Fenway.
- I’m not a shot-caller. No, seriously…shots and I? Do not get along. I’m physically unable to swallow all that junk at once (TWSS). So I swear I’m not lame (mostly), my delicate system just can’t handle the booze. DD on the other hand, CAN do it. And he’s known for being a shot caller.
- DD is not hip to the blogosphere. Sure he knows I have one, but I refuse to let him read it. I also have a strong suspicion he thinks the whole blogging thing is kind of lame. Don’t worry, I love him anyway.
- I’m pretty laid back and go with the flow. I won’t be the loudest one in the room, but I’ll be laughing with the loudest one.
If you’re still not satisfied, you can check out my never-quite-completed 101 Things.
See you all in Beantown, and thanks for bringing me out of my blogging hiatus!