It’s obvious I haven’t been around. It also shouldn’t be a secret that about the time DD stops traveling, I stop blogging. I long for the weeks when he actually stays in town, and when it happens, I tend to focus on him and not this.
Hope you’ll forgive me!
In an effort to catch up, here’s what’s new with me:
- I’ve been rocking out the early a.m. work outs. Going at least twice a week, even with DD home, which I consider a feat. It’s so hard to get out of a warm cozy bed, but it’s slightly easier when you’re sleeping alone. With him in the mix, it’s just that much tougher. But I’m persevering and still feeling good on those early days.
- I signed up for an art class on a whim. Last week I was thinking about life and my tendency to need routine. Every once in awhile, I decide that I need to break routine. This time, that’s manifesting itself in a Drawing for Beginners class. I’m a little excited and a little nervous — the class was more than I’d like to spend for some little ole’ continuing ed hobby, and I’m afraid I’ll start it and hate it. I’ve never been much for drawing, but for some reason, I’m interested now. We’ll see!
- I got a bike! I’m rather excited to tool around Detroit in it. I figure I can take it to Eastern Market and also use it for some lovely scenic rides so that will add to my work out routine.
- DD and I have sort of started a routine of walking in the evenings when we can. We’ve got a nice little 3-4 mile loop along the Detroit River and it’s just enough that we feel healthy, but not so much we feel dead. It’s also some nice QT with the added benefit of fresh air.
- I’ve kind of become obsessed with Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution on ABC. I’m not quite sure why — I think it has a lot to do with his accent — but it’s also an interesting premise. It’s not high drama reality TV, but perhaps reality TV that can actually accomplish some good.
All in all, life is pretty damn good these days. Spring has finally sprung and while I’m sure we’ll get hit with another cold snap before it sets in for good, I’m excited by all the potential activities the season holds. And I’m really excited by all the fitness activities. While I’m not trying to drop pounds, I am trying to get daily exercise, which is much more than I usually strive for.
What’s new with you?